Monday, June 04, 2007

Different Celebration, Anyone?

While browsing the local internet sites to find something different to do on my birthday, I came across this:

Open Casting Call

For the independent film, "Flying Solo," will be at 11 a.m. (formally Nell's Place). Volunteers will act as an audience for a staged musical comedy show. Those wishing to audition should dress in solid colored clothing with no logo's or heavy patterns. Bring bottled water and be prepared to stay and film until 5 p.m. Lunch & Refreshments will be served.
"Flying Solo" is a faith-based family film that is being produced locally with a cast and crew of volunteer local talent and Lamar students. The film is a 90-minute comedy-drama set in a small city and featuring original songs sang and composed by Reginald Cooper of the Jazz Innovators. Dances are choreographed by Winetta Roy, Tina Simpson, Danielle Brown, and Shana Logan. The story follows an aspiring singer/songwriter who relocates to Texas with her aunt and younger siblings where she is challenged to conquer her fears and follow her dreams.


It certainly would be different. I'm just not sure they'd want some 50-something in their audience, and don't know if I could face the rejection. *fake cringe* I'll have to admit that there's no age limit in the cattle call ... erm ... casting call. I'm also not sure I want to be a part of anything where the grammatical errors are so blatant in just a two-paragraph announcement ("formally" for "formerly" and "sang" instead of "sung"). Not to say that my grammar is perfect.

Ah, well! I may be spending my day getting the rest of the shower installed. Guess I'll look for something a little less different to celebrate the special occasion. *chuckle*

No comments: