Saturday, June 02, 2007

Baby Steps

A couple of tiny miracles occurred this weekend:

In a frantic plea on Thursday, I asked that the rain stop for 48 hours so I could get the paint on the frame of my new sliding glass door ... and it did! The wood was dry enough for the primer yesterday evening and it stayed dry until I put the main coat on today. Then about an hour later, it began to sprinkle, almost precisely 48 hours after I made my plea.

I've also spent the last few weeks perusing appliances. The whole routine, Sunday ads, Consumer Reports reviews and recommendations, lusting after controls and cycles and whistles and bells. On Friday, after painting the primer coat, I headed to Sears to check out a range, a dishwasher, and a garage door opener. While looking around, the sales clerk came by and suggested that I look at a dishwasher he had that was a demo. Wouldn't you know it? It was the dishwasher recommended by Consumer Reports as a Best Buy for almost $150 less than retail. One appliance down, four to go!

Plus, the cultured marble guys came to the house today and did the first half of their installation. One of the crew went to the emergency room yesterday, so they couldn't do the whole thing today, but Progress! I'll take most anything at this point.

No comments: