Monday, September 11, 2006

Remind Me ...

... to never again fold 600 letters by hand! *chuckle*

I'm now using a partial hunt-and-peck method to type because my poor thumb is so sore. And I hate hunt-and-peck. But it's all in a good cause.

The letters were sent out to all area churches today for the"Shelter from the Storm" Hurricane Rita anniversary event. We're heading down to the final days of preparation. Here's hoping that everything falls into place and goes as planned. I'm hitting that panic-point which is par for the course for me. Pray for those of us who are putting this together!

... to always take time, no matter how nutty the world gets, to play Bunko with friends.

There's a wonderful group of ladies who get together monthly for dinner and a friendly game of Bunko. I'd never heard of Bunko until I came to Beaumont, but it's a simple game and doesn't tax one's mental resources. (which is good for me on Mondays, when I'm basically a useless human being) I only play as a substitute, and truly enjoy the opportunities I've had to join in the fun.

What's wonderful about this group is that they care about each other and simply enjoy spending time together. Usually there're at least one or two hiliarious moments leading to some good belly laughs. Since Mondays are my Sabbath, this is a blessing and quite an opportunity for re-creation!

... that although much has changed, other things have remained the same.

I have family and friends (both long-time and brand new) who are supportive in so many ways. I continue to be encouraged to move outside of my comfort zone and try new things (sometimes kicking and screaming, sometimes ending up in the midst of them without really being certain how I got there, sometimes even jumping into them enthusiastically). My furred friend Penny still greets me at the door, while my PsychoKat continues to drive my Mom crazy as she tries to make her bed!

I continue to love my chosen profession (hmmmm....profession chosen for me?). The people I work with are uplifting and make me smile. In the midst of things that aren't normal, so much that is good continues to happen.

... that I am richly blessed and have much to be thankful for!

No comments: