Saturday, September 13, 2008

Deja Vu, Sort Of

Almost 3 years ago to the day, I was sitting in front of a tv a safe distance away while Hurricane Rita clobbered home. Here I am, once again, watching helplessly as Hurricane Ike does a number on the Golden Triangle.

As I watched again last night, once again there was a weather idiot doing the hurricane dance in the rain as the wind blew him around the street. The difference was that instead of standing in front of the Beaumont Public Library, he was standing in front of Crocket Street. As I watched through the night, lights were still on in the area. Wouldn't you know it? The lights went off at about 2:15am, again!

I lasted as long as there was any useful information available, watching The Weather Channel and, this time, keeping track of the Golden Triangle via streaming video on KFDM-TV.

Now, I'm watching as the storm continues to go through town, and checking in on everyone who stayed behind. The storm is still working it's way through the area and will be for several hours. Once again, we have no idea how long it will be before it will be possible to get back home. This time, Mom's house is in the evacuation zone, so, until we know more, I won't even be able to get within 1 1/2 hours of home.

Deja vu, sort of.

I hate waiting to find out how things are at home!

(Hey! Love, Rita! How're you doing?)

No comments: