Sunday, April 20, 2008

Quite a week!

I may someday catch up on this week's newspapers ... possibly, and am only stopping in here because I don't want to abandon things completely.

Besides the multitude of meetings that were scheduled for this week, one of my oldest members died. It is quite an honor to be present at that point where one passes from this life to the next, and this was a gentle transition. She had lived a long and full life and things were becoming difficult for her, so this was a blessing.

She had done some thinking about her funeral and had several things planned. First on the agenda? "No eulogy." So I didn't, but I couldn't leave her unmentioned. I snuck in a few memories in one of the prayers. *teehee*

The ladies of the church did an awesome job of preparing munchies for the visitation after the funeral. Her sister only wanted something to drink and some cookies. This crew doesn't do "halfway"! I told her sister to just accept an enjoy their gift. Once our crew gets started, even an armored tank couldn't stop them! There were homemeade sandwiches and cookies and punch and fruits and veggies with dips.

Such amazing people! My life has been truly enriched by getting to know them.

Now my feet are tired, and my brain is fried. I think I'm going to take a nap. It's been quite a week!

1 comment:

Love, Rita said...

Naps are good. I take them as often as I can.

Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your church family. It was quite heartening to hear how your congregation pulled together to provide food for the bereaved.