Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A Momentary Harumph!

Static! That's about all I get on my phone. Static! And it's no fun for either end of the conversation.

My AT&T payment includes the In-Line Plus that means the repair people can track down problems inside the house as well as outside without costing an arm and a leg. Everything's covered, right?

Call the repair center. "We've a longer than normal wait time right now. Why don't you try the website?", the voice message says. Ooooo-kay.

Get on website. Begin report. They do their magic via the computer generated testing thingy. Nope! No problems we can see. Here - go do these things first: followed by a list of steps which includes taking a screwdriver and opening some box on the outisde of my house.

WAIT A MINUTE!! Aren't I paying you so many buckos a month to do all that stuff when I have a problem?

I just clicked on the "been there, done that" button and am going to let them come out and tinker with it. HARUMPH!

2 comments:

Love, Rita said...

Sorry to hear about the problem with your telecommunications device. Your experience with AT&T reminds me of the words to a song called "The Last DJ", by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers:

As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see
How much you'll pay for what you used to get for free

Umm, yeah. 'Nuff said.

SingingSkies said...

How true! How true!

At least the darned thing got fixed, and I didn't have to do it!