Saturday, February 17, 2007

Dateline: Albuquerque, NM

I just realized it's been over a week since I've posted here. Things have been kind of busy. Right now I'm relaxing in the motel room after two meetings here, plus meeting some new "old" friends for dinner.

I like Albuquerque. At least, what I've seen of it. Getting here was somewhat exciting, since we arrived on a snowy day. They held the plane just as we got to the Houston runway because there was ice under the snow in Albuquerque. Guess they didn't want us to slide off the other end! I'm glad about that. We ended up arriving about two hours late, so that wasn't too bad. Some people ended up wrestling with snow at both ends of the trip, so didn't make it at all.

The snow was beautiful! First snow I've seen in about 4 years. I kept trying to get a snowball fight started, but no one wanted to join me. *pout* I'll have to admit that the stuff looked too pretty lying there on the grass and bushes, so I wasn't extremely disappointed when we didn't destroy the pristine view. And it's all about melted now.

My hotel room is on the side where you can look out and see mountains. *sigh* I wish I could take the view with me tomorrow. (and, of course, my camera broke before I left, so no pictures)

This afternoon I had the opportunity to meet a couple of online friends in real life. We wandered through Old Town a bit. Didn't buy anything, but there were some interesting items to see - some intriguing and beautiful windchimes, jewelry, art, and the like. Enjoyed the architecture too. Good meal. Good conversation.

Relaxing. Guess it's the first time I've had to just plain relax without anything that needed to be done right away, or really soon, in a while. Nice feeling. I think I'll see if there's anything to watch on tv. Nah. Maybe a long soak in the tub. Yeah! That's what I'll do! ahhhhhhhhh! Peace.

No comments: