Monday, November 20, 2006

Let All Things Now Living ...

... a song of thanksgiving to God our Creator triumphantly raise! ...

One of my absolute favorite Thanksgiving hymns, btw. It gets stuck in my head every year about this time. I'm not quite sure how it became so familiar to me, since it's not in the 'familiar' hymnal of my growing up years - The Hymnbook (or the red hymnal, as it's more commonly called). I learned it somewhere, though, and it's been tagged in my mind as Thanksgiving ever since.

I could sit here and detail all that I have to be thankful for, starting at the letter A and heading through the alphabet to Z (not quite sure what I'd put for X or Z, but I'm sure I could come up with something!). However, I'm not going to do that.

Instead, I'm going to take a moment to enjoy this hymn, and sing along with it, meditating on the blessings which are dear to my heart, and praying that the end of this hymn come into being soon.

... We too should be voicing our love and rejoicing with glad adoration, a song let us raise: Till all things now living unite in thanksgiving, to God in the highest, hosanna and praise.

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!

1 comment:

Ron Franscell said...

And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, my friend!

May your blessings be many and your regrets few....

Ron