Monday, October 30, 2006

Ready for Syndication

Well, not really. I just happened to notice that this is my 100th post. WOOHOO!!

TV shows celebrate their 100th episode because it makes the possibility of a syndication run more lucrative. I thought I celebrate my 100th post simply because I managed to make it this far!

This is actually quite an accomplishment for me. The whole blog thing was an experiment, one which I didn't expect to last more than a month or two at the most. In some respects, this is like journaling, and most of my journaling experiences tend to last a week, maybe two, before wandering off into oblivion. Of course, most of my journaling has been totally for private consumption. Since I already know what I wrote, why go back and look at it again? *shrug* BO-RING!

Blogging has a different flavor. True, it's still mostly for my own benefit. Putting things down "in print" has a discipline to it which journaling doesn't. If the potential exists for someone else to read this, then I should strive for some sort of coherence and logic. I'm not always successful. I'm notorious for skipping over the one bit of information which makes the significance of a bit of rambling make sense.

All in all, though, I've had fun. Hope you've had fun, too, or gleaned a tidbit of information here and there. So.......... celebrate .... celebrate .... dance to the music!

2 comments:

Love, Rita said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! (And for what it's worth, to me, it has been quite coherent!)

I enjoy reading your posts, they take my mind off of my mundane day-to-day irritants. (The ones that find their way into the pages of my blog.) I blog because I lost most of my friends in the war (the "drug war", so to speak) and it's cheaper than a therapist.

So, congrats, again! I look forward to reading your next 100 posts!

Ron Franscell said...

Woo-hoo! 100 is a big number. If you count your gracious posts at my blog -- and others, I'm sure -- you probably have postings in the thousands!

Congratulations, my friend!