Sunday, August 06, 2006

Fingers Crossed

I'm sitting here with fingers crossed. Looks like repairs may finally be starting up again on my house. Things are definitely seeming possibly hopeful at any rate. (Does that sound the least bit iffy? I don't want to get too excited by the prospect. Would totally hate to have those hopes dashed! *chuckle*)

A week from tomorrow the a/c guy will be through to do the minor repairs needed because parts of the system had a close encounter of the third kind with my all too friendly tree. About a week after that I should have a drywall guy coming in to hide the visible studs and repair the cracks that were caused by the deflected forces from the tree clobbering the house.

This last one means I have to move into high gear on things like deciding what colors to paint the walls and what kind of carpet, and I get to go furniture shopping finally. Someone told me that this is an opportunity to make the house my own. They're right. Now I've just gotta figure out what that means for me. One thing I do know - it'll be a color other than pink or white.

At the rate things are going, I may actually get to move back into my house about a year since the last time I slept there. On September 19th, 2005, I left Beaumont to attend a meeting in Sacramento, California. When I left town, I didn't even know that there was a tropical storm wallowing around near Florida, and fully expected to be back in my own bed by that Sunday. No such luck!

Ah, well! Wouldn't it be wonderful if the repairs were done a year from the day I first left? We'll see!

No comments: