Saturday, August 19, 2006

Blessings

This week has had its fair share of frustrations, starting with a hard-drive crash and faulty reinstall. BLEAH!! I still don't have everything back on the beast, but obviously I'm at least back in action and online.

But this post isn't about the frustrations. It's about the blessings I've experienced this week, and there've been several that have come at moments when crawling into a hole and pulling it in after me was looking like a really good idea.

I've been working on a project which has had sort of a fluid and open membership on the planning committee. I don't have a problem with that. The flow of ideas has been truly enlightening and often helpful. However, we're getting down to decision-making time and the meeting scheduled for this week looked to be .... well .... complex might be a good word to describe it. On the meeting day, one of my members showed up to be 'moral support' as we wound our way through the issues. Afterwards, we had lunch together. What a blessing!!

I am also blessed with a truly wonderful Office Administrator. On Friday, while grousing about a comment made at another meeting I attended, she was able to identify the source of my perplexity and frustration. We're a good team, bouncing ideas off of each other and helping each other to complete our tasks better, while helping each other maintain our sanity (a necessity in this day and age).

The worship service for the anniversary of Her Horribleness' visit to Southeast Texas is beginning to fall into place! What a blessing to work with colleagues who share a vision of what this worship experience might be and how we might draw our community together!

Then I received a phone call from one of our youth members who has been out of town and was visiting for the day. What a blessing to have some time to visit and scarf down desserts! My heart was truly lightened and my spirits lifted.

As I was heading to meet over dessert, I received a phone call from another member inviting me to dinner and an evening listening to area choirs at St. Pius. Good company, wonderful food, excellent music (and an opportunity to locate some groups who we can invite to the 9/24 worship service, but that wasn't the intent of the evening). Blessings!

This was followed by a rather rousing game of 10,000. Well, games - we played for a couple of hours. My team won 8 games straight, even when I tried to lose so the other team could win. *chuckle* The other team claimed it was my partner's revenge for the skunking they gave him the night before. Who knows? But the evening was a good one, filled with fun.

Yep ... in the grand scheme of things, it's been a good week. Thanks for reminding me of who's in charge, God! Blessings upon blessings upon blessings!

No comments: