Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Reeee-Treat

Just got back from the annual Clergy Retreat. Quite a nice break! Every year after Easter, the presbytery sponsors a three-day respite at our presbytery camp and conference center. The agenda? Relaxation, fun, and food!

Usually there's a speaker or two - the comedy kind. This year we met Hank the Cowdog, Chief of Ranch Security (or his creator, that is, John Erickson), Warren and Junior the buzzards, Sally Mae, and Rip and Snort the local coyotes. We were regaled with Hank stories and buzzard and coyote songs. Hank reminds me of my canine friend Penny as she attempts to skulk her way to swiping my sandwich. I never realized that the books were originally written for adults, not children. My last encounter with Hank was on Reading Rainbow while watching with my then elementary aged son. Doesn't matter. Chuckles abounded! Laughter is good medicine!

So are ping-pong and massages. I've not played ping-pong in years and had a hilarious time yesterday afternoon. Gotta find a regular ping-pong partner just to keep my hand in! It's one of those fun things that I'd forgotten about. As to the massage - well..... let's just say that it's another thing I need to do regularly. I'm actually feeling recharged and ready to move onto the next thing - the wrap-up of our 125th Anniversary!

Then again, maybe it wouldn't hurt to take a few more minutes for rest and relaxation. Now, let's see. What's Hank up to now? Watchout! There's a fishhook in that liver! *slurp*

No comments: