Friday, October 21, 2005

A long week

Well, it's been over a week now and I'm finally treeless. That is, my roof is finally treeless, and I've joined the sea of blue roofs. Who knows how long it'll be before I'm able to really live in Beaumont again?

Access to the internet will definitely be part of the equation. I stayed at a member's home and no sooner had I gotten there, but her computer was fried. *shrug* I'm your basic jinx around other people's computers. I can walk into a room and they begin to act weird! Magnetic personality? Perhaps!

It's frustrating to see the additional damage to the church that's showing up now. Flat roofs just plain are horrible for letting the water get into the works, and the water's been worming its way down the walls. My nose isn't the least bit happy about the mildew and moldy stuff growing, either! Bleah! Achoo!

But enough about buildings - the important part of my week has been spent with people! Good people! Wonderful conversations! Brain work which let me take a break from "tree stories". And all that brainwork has temporarily worn me out, so I'm headed off to bed shortly. zzzzzzz!

More later - I just didn't want to let this experiment die an early death! *chuckle* G'night!

No comments: