Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Hassle

I love the internet! I hate the internet!

I have several email addresses. Who doesn't? It helps me keep stuff separated so I can find things quicker. It keeps the inboxes less cluttered. And it allows me to let different kinds of information be available to different groups of people.

So guess what I'm spending today doing.

Setting up a whole slew of new email addresses through my gmail account because some scuzzy individual has hijacked one of my email addresses and is sending out "buy stuff" emails to my contact list.

What's even more irritating is that I reported the email to hotmail and got even more spam-mail sent under my email address.

I know I'm not responsible for what's happening and that there isn't anything I personally can do to eliminate the carp that's being sent, but I can't help but feel uncomfortable that people I know are getting these excreable emails under my supposedly safe name. Gmail seems to do a better job of dealing with these miserable trolls, so I'm ditching the compromised hotmail address.

In the process, though, I have a whole bunch of emails saved for various reasons and now have to transfer all of them to new addresses. It has taken me more than four hours to change the stuff I really want to keep over to new accounts. Now that I've transfered the saved emails, it's time to change ALL of the contact emails that I have directed to that address. Problem is, I can't remember all of the sites I've done that with. *sigh*

Back to repairing my internet id.

*leaves the page muttering imprecations against the miserable, excreable trolls who spend their time violating the internet identities of others*

7 comments:

Jason Oller said...

I'm sorry. And do you have a public email blogger people can contact you on?

SingingSkies said...

No. I'm afraid I don't.

Jason Oller said...

I have two smart questions.

Why doesn't the Presbyterian Church beleive in altars?

And...

What are y'all's views and your personal views on tongues???

SingingSkies said...

Jason, altars were where sacrifices were made to God to restore/maintain relationship; however, Jesus' death on the cross was a sacrifice which healed the breach between humanity and God. Therefore, we celebrate at the table where Jesus instituted Communion as a sign and seal of our restored relationship.

Presbyterians don't ignore the gift of tongues, since that is one of the biblical gifts of the Spirit; however, they are not central to our worship and, to the best of my knowledge, has not manifested itself in those who are Presbyterian. Doesn't mean it can't, or that it hasn't happened in the sense of other usages of the term 'tongues'.

Jason Oller said...

I see...

ANd my church calls them altars.... but as a meeting place between man and GOd symbolically. ANd it seems where people make spiritual sacrifices to God to get closer to him. THat's jsut my opinion.

SingingSkies said...

Nothing wrong with your opinion. We each come at the language from the lenses of our own faith traditions. I have a feeling God does just fine with our particular interpretations as long as it brings us to closer relationship between humanity and God.

Jason Oller said...

We all believe in the same God and the same Jesus and believe in the same route to get there. Jsut other stuff si different.