Monday, July 21, 2008

Will It Ever End?

Close. Oh, so close!

Mondays aren't usually bad days, and today is no exception. Meandered out to the mailbox after the Penster had a minor conniption fit because the mailperson dared to walk across our front porch. What did I find?

A check! Unopened, I thought "I'm finally at the end of dealing with the hurricane repair work! La-la-la-la-la!" After dancing my way back into the house, I opened the envelope. They got it almost right. The mortgage company is still holding $2,000 hostage.

When I got hold of a very helpful customer service rep, she told me they were still waiting on the "waiver of lien" and "completion of repair" certification! I mailed those puppies, next day mail, almost a week ago! OUTRAGE!! Turns out I picked the wrong address from the forms. The mortgage company had received it. It just didn't think to tell the part of their company that cuts the checks about it. *sigh*

The last of my buckos should arrive sometime later this week. At least, that's what I'm hopeful of. Still, I'm wondering. Do you think all this will ever end?

No comments: