Friday, July 11, 2008

Peripheral Damage

It's been what? Four weeks? since lightning struck the neighbor's tree and wrought minor havoc to my house?

I've had several people tell me to check out my appliances and such because lightning has this weird habit of affecting electrical stuff in the vicinity. Of course, I think refrigerator... tv... computer... printer... phones. With minor previously mentioned exceptions, those things are all working just fine, thank you.

I get back from my trip and the son says, "Mom. I think the DVD player is broken." I decide to tape a tv show and the VCR is acting all wonky and won't let me program it. Then it refuses to even tape the show I'm watching. This morning, I decide to have some toast and the toaster refuses to do more than dry out one side of the bread while not even heating the other side.

Didn't even think of checking out the minor appliances after the storm. I believe I'm experiencing the further aftermath of that "stroke of luck".

At least my can opener still works!

2 comments:

Love, Rita said...

...Or maybe you just need a good long-distance exorcism? Lol.

SingingSkies said...

*chuckle* Perhaps so!