Friday, January 18, 2008

Mush for Brains Season

It's that time of year again. Allergy season. Bleah!

Almost every year about this time, as the weather vacillates between almost spring and maybe winter, my sinuses gripe, grouse, and complain. First, they get really busy and my head stuffs up. Thinking is much like trying to bat my way through piles of cotton and wool. It's a frustrating feeling to know that there's a thought or idea rumbling around in there and not be able to catch up with it. Mush for brains, part 1.

Sometimes it's possible to short-circuit the whole process and divert the sinus machine from its task. Not this time. When you get to the point where a head-ectomy seems like a wonderful idea, it's time to bring in the pros.

I go to a wonderful doctor who is great at helping me fight off the periodic infections that send me into mush-for-brains-land. This year has been especially bad and the usual medications haven't kicked those bugs out of my system. This time he's had to add a different antihistamine/cough suppressant to the bug-killer cocktail. It's helping, but is one of those that produces a brain fog, so driving and thinking while using it is not a good plan. Mush for brains, part 2.

I'll be so glad when Mush for Brains Season is over. If it's ever over in this neck of the woods. *sigh*

1 comment:

Love, Rita said...

And I'm sure this never-ending, soggy mess we have for weather every day helps, too, doesn't it???