Friday, October 26, 2007

When the Dust Settles

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. I think I moved in almost TWO houses worth of stuff when I came back home. Another hurricane seems to have made an appearance in the past week.

My head knows that most of this stuff will end up back in my file cabinets, in my drawers, on my shelves, and back on my walls, just where it was when I "evacuated" it at varying and sundry times over the past two years. At the moment, it's sprawled all over the floors in my living room, bedroom, office, den, and hallway.

I've managed to put bits and pieces of it away. Then I get overwhelmed by the absolute MASS of it and flee the area.

Not before I've stirred up enough dust to set off a sneeze attack. ACHOO!! ACHOO!! (and so on for about 10 minutes)

Then there's the stuff that hasn't been used for two years, and has forgotten what it's supposed to do to operate. There's a bit of a chill in the air ... and the house. Seems the pilot light needs to be lit on the heater, and I'm too much of a dolt to figure out how to get into the unit to light it.

Hope reigns eternal, though.

If my handyfriend doesn't make it here this weekend, there are two or three other people who can help me out. At least it's not too cold yet.

It would also be helpful if we could manage to get the curtain rods hung, so I can put up my thermal curtains. Double paned windows cut down on the heat transfer, but they don't eliminate it. There was a bit of a chill down the back of my neck this morning. Brrrrr!

And there are other minor frustrations, as well. Guess life wouldn't be normal without them. *chuckle*

So, when the dust settles, I'm going to get things organized and then .....


IT'S OPEN HOUSE TIME!! LET'S PARTY!!

No comments: