Friday, August 24, 2007

Peace

It's absolutely curious as to what brings peace to my soul right now. Checking out the National Hurricane Center and discovering that:

"There are no tropical cyclones at this time"

is one of them.

Having my church members recognize the devastation wreaked by Hurricane Dean and desiring to help as they are able, at this time, through our Presbyterian Disaster Assistance program.

Watching a squirrel climb down the middle framing of the sliding glass patio door (actually, that was more of a chuckle, but there was a sense of peace - except for the dog who wasn't sure if someone/thing was breaking in or just what was happening)

... *humming* "these are a few of my favorite things"!

Would that the peace of this particular moment floods the entire earth and all war and conflict cease. *sigh* (Nope - I'm not headed back to reality and you can't make me!)

1 comment:

Love, Rita said...

Wow, I can almost feel that tide of serenity washing over me. You know, you might enjoy the "Three Beautiful Things" blog.

http://threebeautifulthings.blogspot.com/

It's maintained by someone in the UK, but it's quite full of "feelgood" thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by!
Ciao!