Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dateline: San Juan

After hectically wrapping up a myriad of details, and a short nasty bout with the 24-hour virus that's been running around, I made it out of town and took the "scenic route" to the hotel where I stayed last night so I could get up before God to get to Intercontinental Airport. After a miserable night because someone nearby left their poor pooch to bark his/her head off all night, I made it to the airport without getting lost. Quite a feat for the directionally challenged! While I ordinarily hate Intercontinental, this morning's excursion managed to go without a hitch. Shoot! Even my connecting flight was nearby and on time!

The flight into San Juan was beautiful! I wish I'd remembered I had my camera in my purse. The view from the air was awesome! Green lush hills (mountains? It's hard to tell from that high up.). The water varying shades of blue. Incredible white beaches. I think I'm in love!

So what did I do first? Ate lunch, then crashed! About the time I got to the hotel, it began raining ... and rained ... and rained. Not a problem! Flying normally wipes me out, and it's worse when I don't sleep well the night before. A nice long nap did the trick, and I believe I'm ready for some sightseeing tomorrow. There are several places I'd like to go, but am not sure where I'll head first. I love caves and there are apparently some wonderful ones a day-trip's ride away, but don't know whether I'll be able to pull that one off. Maybe Sunday.

I'll have to admit it's an interesting experience being someplace where Spanish is the primary language. I know a little bit from all those years of Spanish in intermediate and high school and college. The problem is that each year we started at the beginning, so I know the alphabet real well. *chuckle* Helps immensely! Clicked onto Blogger and what did I find? It automatically translated the whole thing into Spanish. ACK! Panic! .... Saw a link on the front page that said "en ingles" and remembered that much Spanish and clicked ... Found another link, in English, about translating into various languages. WHEW! Glad I didn't have to manage in Spanish for this. Wouldn't have made it past the first sentence!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store!

No comments: