Thursday, December 07, 2006

A Different Fundraising Idea

Wandering through one of the online forums I participate in today, there was this post:

"I just got an e-mail from a friend with a telephone number that I had to call. So I dial the number, and am informed that the call will cost me 90 cents. Ok...

Suddenly, I hear heavy breathing, nay panting. Then a bark. Then more panting. Then a "schlurp" noise. Then a voice comes on to thank you for calling the "heavy breathing line" of the Amsterdam Animal Shelter, and telling you that all proceeds from the call will be going to rebuilding the shelter. The animals thank you. :)

I called twice."

Apparently, the shelter placed an ad in the 'Erotic' section of the local paper. Ummm..... can't find that section in our local classifieds. Well, the shelter is in Holland, after all! *chuckle*

No comments: