Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ramblings

Nope, I haven't abandoned you! It may seem that way, since I haven't posted anything in a while; however, composing while under the brain fog of sinus meds just wasn't working. I tried two or three times and the initial goading thought just fizzled. *sigh* The few remaining functioning brain cells that I had needed to be conserved for sermon writing and newsletters, so a short break was in order. Maybe this is God's way of telling me to take a break?

On the housing front, good news approaching. There's a bit of touchup work that needs to be done on the drywall and then PAINT PARTY! Since his graduation, my son's staying with me and looking for a job. He's been helping with some of the prep work for paint day. It's beginning to look like I might get back into my home for real! WOOHOO!!

oooOOOOoooooo .... odd thought just rumbled through my head - I'm going to have to think of a new goal to reach once I get moved back into my house. Do you realize that "getting home" has been my main lifegoal for the past year and a quarter? Everything else has been shoved aside for that. This may sound odd, but as much as I want to be home, I've almost gotten (dare I say it?) comfortable not being there. Maybe it's more that I've gotten used to the sense of being displaced. I never expected that to happen. hmmmmmm..... gonna have to do some thinking about that one!

In the meantime, the carpet has been chosen (obviously not yet installed). I've mostly decided on what color paint goes where. Now it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty and buy it. Even if the weather won't cooperate for the outside painting, I'm hoping to be able to get the indoor stuff done the first weekend in February. Have to be in Houston for an all day meeting, or would try for this weekend.

My son discovered a plumbing leak which I didn't have pre-Horribleness, so I've gotta get with the insurance people and then a plumber to check that part out. Certainly don't want to get things all put back together and then get sogged out again by a leak. *chuckle*

Well, I've a funeral, new officer training, and a worship service to prepare for and a trip to Houston to make today. Now that the brain's unfogged, I'll try to get back here more often. Wish me luck!

No comments: